The Broadest and Deepest Domain Data
Whether you’re exploring, investigating, or protecting, DomainTools research and monitoring tools give you access to the most comprehensive database of domain name registration data, hosting history, IP address change events, screenshots, and other related DNS intelligence.
Build the most complete picture of a domain with our extensive research tools, and stay up-to-date with our powerful monitoring tools.
Get the Most From Your Domain Investments
Find and research new domains. The industry's best tools for finding new domains, including Domain Search, Dropping Names, and our multiple name spinning products.
Research domain ownership. History products enable you to research domain ownership to find the owner of a domain you wish to buy or the provenance of a domain before a negotiation.
Monitor your interests. Monitor products enable you to track brand names for new registrations, whether a registrant picks up or drops domains or the status and expiration of your portfolio of domains.
Start with TLDpedia. DomainTools TLDpedia and statistics pages are a great starting point for tracking the growth of new TLDs, finding the registry behind new or existing TLDs or the world’s allocation of IP addresses or domains by IP block.
- Whois Lookup – Provides the most current ownership record for a domain name.
- Whois History – Searches 16+ years of historical domain ownership records to reveal prior owners or aliases, resolve first-use disputes and establish timelines.
- Reverse Whois – Searches across 16 years of historical Whois records for any specific search string. Primarily used to link domain names together by ownership information such as email address, registrant name or phone number.
- Hosting History – Reveals IP address changes, registrar changes and name server changes to better understand how a domain’s infrastructure changed over time.
- Reverse IP Lookup – Returns domain names that share a common web host IP address.
- Reverse IP Whois – Enter a company or organization name to query a logical map of all IPv4 IP address range sub-allocations.
- Reverse NS Lookup – Returns domain names that share a common name server.
- Domain Search – Finds registered or available domains, across all TLDs, that contain a keyword such as a brand or trademark in the second-level domain name.
- Domain Report – Get everything we know about a domain in one downloadable PDF.
- Brand Monitor – Sends an email when a domain name is discovered with a keyword that matches a particular word or phrase.
- Name Server Monitor – Sends an email when a domain name is pointed toward or away from a particular name server.
- IP Monitor – Sends an email when a domain name is pointed toward or away from a particular IP address.
- Registrant Monitor – Sends an email when a search string appears in a new Whois record or is removed from the record of a domain that previously matched the search.
- Domain Monitor – Keeps tabs on impending expirations by tracking impending state changes of domains.